Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Jerwood Library is currently available Monday to Friday, 9:30am to 5:00pm by advanced booking only.
The Jerwood Library is currently open 8.00am to midnight daily
As COVID-19 restrictions are gradually eased in the College and wider society, we are pleased to be able to remove some restrictions on using the Jerwood Library for the academic year 2021-22. But we expect you to continue to respect the University’s current guidance around the continued emphasis on Hands | Face | Space.
We look forward to seeing you in the library!
Working in the library
Please remember to:
Only enter the library if you have booked a study space or have an appointment to collect requested books. Study spaces can be booked up to 1 week in advance and close 30 minutes before the start time. Leave you seat promptly at the end of your booking
- Wear a face covering when entering or moving around the library. The only exception is if you have a medical exemption. They may be removed when seated at a desk.
- Wash or sanitise your hands on entering the library. Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building.
- Do not close any of the windows which must be kept open to ensure adequate ventilation. If you find that windows have been closed, please open them before using the space. It will be colder than usual so please wear layers or bring your own blanket.
- Wipe down your desk before and after use, using the cleaning products provided.
- The Reading room will remain a socially distanced space so please do not move the chairs. In all other areas of the library we strongly recommend that you maintain a courteous social distance from library staff and other library users.
- Do not come to the library if you are self-isolating, feel unwell or have any symptoms of Covid-19.
What library services are available?
1. Study spaces: We have very limited seating so you must book in advance using this booking form 2. Book request and collect service: You may request up to 5 books or DVDs by emailing us the details and shelf mark. We will let you know when they are ready to collect and you can book an appointment to pick them up 3. Postal loans: We can post books to you if you are working remotely if they are not available as an ebook.
- 24 hour book returns: Please place books in the book returns container just outside the library entrance. They will be returned from your library account each working day (excluding weekends)
- Book browsing and borrowing: You may browse the shelves and borrow up to 15 books and 5 DVDs. You may also use the Request and Collect service if you need to self-isolate.
- Scan and send: If you just need a chapter of a book that is in the Jerwood you can request that we scan and email it to you using this form.
- Book recommendations If there's a book you need which is not in the Jerwood you can request that we buy it using the Book Recommendations form.
- Enquiries and support: Library staff can answer all your library and information related enquiries. You can contact us by phone or email, or set up a video meeting if you prefer.
- Printing, scanning and computing facilities: Computers are available for drop-in use.
- Online resources: There is a multitude of ebooks, ejournals and databases available online. More information and links to these is available here.
What is not available?
Due to health and safety considerations we are not able to provide the following:
- Library blankets: But please feel free to bring your own
We know you will understand that we may have to make changes to our services at short notice in response to restrictions required by the UK Government and the University of Cambridge.