Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click & Collect enables current staff and students to request books to be retrieved from the University Library’s modern collections.
Our Click & Collect service requires a large number of staff and lots of time to run. However, all users can book to Browse, Borrow & Read (borrowing is possible if your membership currently permits this). By using Browse, Borrow & Read where you can, you enable the Library to provide more services to more people.
To request books, fill in the form here: https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/search-and-find/open-shelf-fetching-ordering-form
You will be required to log in with Raven.
Click & Collect users can collect five books at one time. Appointments must be made to collect these books safely from the main entrance of the University Library, and you must bring appropriate ID (including a University card or other photo ID). Once your requested books are retrieved and processed, we will email you to invite you to book an appointment to collect your books. You will need to wait for us to send this email to book an appointment; appointments cannot be booked in advance of this notification. You will be able to collect items 09:00 - 18:20 Monday to Friday, and 11:15 - 15:45 Saturday.
To enable this service to run safely and consistently throughout the term, it is really important that you order only what you need and that your orders are collected on time.
Please note that there are no toilet facilities near the collection point, and parking spaces are limited.
The collection limit is 5 University Library items per person in one appointment.
Please allow 2 working days (excluding weekends) for returned items to be removed from your account. Please bear this in mind when making an appointment to collect more requested items.
If you only need one chapter or article from a print book or journal, please consider using the Scan & Deliver service instead.
- Please ensure you have the correct ID and documentation with you and check you have enough space on your library account before coming to the library.
- A small number of parking spaces are available for a maximum stay of 10 minutes. Please follow the signs to the reserved parking area next to the University Library Custodian’s Lodge.
- There will be no access to toilet facilities for those collecting items from the University Library.
- If you are disabled and need assistance in requesting or collecting the items you need please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request books for collection:
- Login using your Raven login to this webform: https://www.lib.cam.ac.uk/search-and-find/open-shelf-fetching-ordering-form.
- Remember you can request up to 5 University Library items for collection at one time. You should allow at least 72 hours (excluding weekends) from the point of submitting your request for items to be processed.
- Once retrieved, we will issue your requested item(s) to your library account and send you an email to let you know they are ready to collect. We will contact you if we are unable to supply an item for any reason.
- Follow the instructions in the email to book an appointment to collect your items. You will not be able to collect your items(s) without an appointment.
- We will send you an email to confirm your collection slot. If you are sending someone to collect item(s) on your behalf please make sure they have a copy of this email before they come to the designated collection point.
- When you arrive at the library, please follow the signs to the designated collection point and wait for your name to be called. Please observe social distancing at all times by maintaining a 2 metre distance from others at all times.
- On entry, please show your University card or another form of photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's license) to verify your identity. If you are collecting items on someone else’s behalf you will need to show the email sent to the requestor to confirm their collection slot instead.
- Staff will not touch your ID or other documentation and will handover your requested items to you. You may wish to quarantine the books at home for 72 hours. Please do not use antibacterial wipes on any library items.
- Please observe the one-way system in place and leave using the main library entrance.
To minimise contact between users and staff we can only deal with collections of requested items when you come to the physical library and will not be able to accept returned items. Please see the ‘Returning library books’ tab instead. For all other enquries please check the University Library website or email email@example.com and we will do our very best to help.
Appointments should only be booked when you have received your confirmation email that your book has been fetched.
- Librarians will be able to enter requests received direct from their users onto Alma on their behalf.
- The information in this LibGuide will be reviewed frequently, and library staff informed of any major updates.
Cambridge University Library