Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click & Collect is a free service for our current staff and students (including ICE staff and students, and NHS partners). You will need a raven account to access this service. Eligible users can request books to be retrieved from the University Library's modern collections and make an appointment to collect them from a designated collection point at the University Library. Entrance and exit will be carefully managed with a one in/one out approach.
The borrowing limit is 5 University Library items per person at any one time.
If you currently have 5 or more University Library items on loan (excluding items from your college or faculty and department libraries) you can continue to request up to 5 items at any one time but you will need to return existing loans to make room on your account before you can collect them. For example, if you have 2 University Library items on loan and request a further 5 University Library items you will need to return all of your existing loans before you can collect any further items. Items from other libraries will not affect the number of items that you can borrow from the University Library. Due to having to quarantine returned items for 72 hours, you will need to allow 4 working days (excluding weekends) for them to be removed from your account. Please bear this in mind when making an appointment to collect more requested items.
If you only need one chapter or article from a print book or journal, please consider using the Scan & Deliver service instead.
- Please ensure you have the correct ID and documentation with you and check you have enough space on your library account before coming to the library.
- A small number of parking spaces are available for a maximum stay of 10 minutes. Please follow the signs to the reserved parking area next to the University Library Custodian’s Lodge.
- There will be no access to toilet facilities for those collecting items from the University Library.
- If you are disabled and need assistance in requesting or collecting the items you need please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request books for collection:
- Login to iDiscover using your Raven login and search for the items you need (see the iDiscover Libguide for instructions for logging in, checking your current loans, finding and requesting items).
- Click on the request link that appears in the 'Get It' section of the iDiscover record for items that are eligible to be requested. You may have to scroll down to see this Remember you can borrow up to 5 University Library items at any one time. You should allow at least 48 hours (excluding weekends) from the point of submitting your request for items to be processed.
- Once retrieved, we will issue your requested item(s) to your library account and send you an email to let you know they are ready to collect. We will contact you if we are unable to supply an item for any reason.
- Follow the instructions in the email to book an appointment to collect your items. You will not be able to collect your items(s) without an appointment.
- We will send you an email to confirm your collection slot. If you are sending someone to collect item(s) on your behalf please make sure they have a copy of this email before they come to the designated collection point.
- When you arrive at the library, please follow the signs to the designated collection point and wait for your name to be called. Please observe social distancing at all times by maintaining a 2 metre distance from others at all times.
- On entry, please show your University card or another form of photo ID (e.g. passport or driver's licence) to verify your identity. If you are collecting items on someone else’s behalf you will need to show the email sent to the requestor to confirm their collection slot instead.
- Staff will not touch your ID or other documentation and will handover your requested items to you in a plastic bag without touching the handle. You may wish to quarantine the books in the bag at home for 72 hours. Please do not use antibacterial wipes on any library items.
- Please observe the one-way system in place and leave using the main library entrance.
To minimise contact between users and staff we can only deal with collections of requested items when you come to the physical library and will not be able to accept returned items. Please see the ‘Returning library books’ tab instead. For all other enquries please check the University Library website or email email@example.com and we will do our very best to help.
Appointments should only be booked when you have received your confirmation email that your book has been fetched.
- Special collections, newspapers and items from the Library Storage Facility will not be available at all in the first phase. Recall requests will remain switched off.
- Librarians will be able to enter requests received direct from their users onto Alma on their behalf.
- Uncollected items will be quarantined for 72 hours before they are returned in Alma and enter the returns workflow.
- The information in this LibGuide will be reviewed frequently, and library staff informed of any major updates.
Cambridge University Library